D R Congo National Team has arrived in the country ahead of Liberia’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier with the Leopards on Sunday.
The good news for Lone Star is the Congolese made the journey to Liberia without several key players for the Group G match scheduled for the Samuel Kanyon Doe Sports Complex in Paynesville.
Speaking to FARBRIC Radio in an exclusive interview, D R Congo Head Coach Florent Ibengé said some of his key players will not be available for September 9 clash with Lone Star, due to injuries.
Coach Ibengé said football is a party and he look forward to a good match with Liberia.
“We are happy to be in Liberia, especially, when you have one of our own (a football personality) George Weah, as president.
D R Congo will be missing Aston Villa winger Yannick Bolasie who has been ruled out of Sunday’s clash due to injury.
The 29-year old withdrew from the squad together with former France youth internationals, Midfielder Neeskens Kebano of Fulham and Guingamp fullback Jordan Ikoko; both are also injured.
FC Porto defender Chancel Mbemba and former Chelsea winger Gael Kakuta, now with La Liga side Rayo Vallecano are also notable absentees.
Goalkeeper Ley Matampi also pulled out of the squad owing to persuasive commitments with his new Saudi club, Al-Ansar but Joel Kiassumbua, formerly of Swiss side Lugano who recently moved to Servette, has been called in to replace Matampi.
The latest injuries and withdrawal add to woes already faced by Coach Florent Ibenge, who dropped star striker Cedric Bakambu under unclear circumstances.
Bakambu was however in the line-up with his Chinese Super League side Beijing Guoan last Thursday.
D R Congo sits second in the group level on three points with Zimbabwe, after one round of matches.
The Leopards defeated closed door neighbor Congo Brazzaville 3-1 in its opening fixture, while Lone Star was beaten 3-0 by the Warriors of Zimbabwe in Harare.
Meanwhile, Liberia will be without Mohammed Sangare who plays his club with Premier League side, Newcastle.
Sangare is one of twelve foreign-based players invited by Lone Star Coach Thomas Kojo for the AFCON qualifier with the Leopards.
FARBRIC Sports understanding is that the Newcastle player needs to renew his work permit before he’s allowed to leave England.
However, the remaining player including Anthony Laffor, William Jebor, and Sam Johnson, who plays in Norway will be available for Sunday clash.
Terrence Tisdell, who plays in Portugal with Desportiva Sanjoanense have been replaced with Tonia Tisdell of Turkey Süper Lig club, Ankaragücü.
1.Tommy Songo – LISCR FC
2. Boison Wynney – Mallorca, (Spain)
3. Ashley Williams – LISCR FC
- Kemoh Kamara – LISCR FC
- Teah Dennis – Barrack young Controller ( BYC)
- Aloysius Simujla – LPRC Oiler
- Alvin Maccornel – LPRC Oiler
- Ebenezer Solo – LPRC Oiler
- Adolphus Marshall – Gudja united( Malta)
- Joel Johnson Alajarin – Charlotte independence ( USA)
- 11.Jeremy Saygbe – LPRC OSilers
- Saah Nyumah – LISCR FC
- Allen Njie – LISCR FC
- Murphy Oscar Dorley – Slovan Liberec ( Czech Republic)
- Sam Johnson – Valerenga ( Norway)
- Tonia Tisdell – Denizilspor ( Turkey)
- Anthony Laffor – Mamelodi Sundown ( South Africa)
- Sylvannus Nimely – Sparta Moscow II ( Russia)
- 19.Sheiku Sheriff – LISCR
- Kpah Sherman – MISC – MIFA
- Sekou Conneh – Ansan Greener ( South Korea)
- William Jebor – Wydad Casablanca ( Morocco).